DodgeChat Forums  

Go Back   DodgeChat Forums > Dodge Vehicles > Dodge Cars

Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
schroederMP

Default Srt4

Ok...I know Boostin_Mopar has one and I'm wanting to know some general things about it.

The truck is going to be paid of pretty soon, and I'm looking to get rid of my stealth and get into something a little more new and up to date.

What can you tell me about em? Are they fast stock? Plenty of resonably priced upgrades? How is it for a daily driver? What problems should I look for in one?

Thanks for the info... I'm trying to stay in the Mopar family (as far as my car) but there are some other turbo charged cars out there that have caught my eye!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 8 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 8 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
schroederMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
psycobilly64

They are pretty fast stock, just a little on the small side (IMO). A better intake and exhaust really wake them up too.

Parts are everywhere for them since they're considered "tuners" even though they don't run on rice.

You could also look into an older 6cyl Charger. You can build those to be pretty quick and you won't have to cut your legs off at the knee to be comfortable. They also get pretty good MPG's for a mid-size car.

If you're gonna die, DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON!!
Bruce Dickenson, Iron Maiden
Ram Enthusiast Club member #02

psycobilly64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
schroederMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycobilly64 View Post
They are pretty fast stock, just a little on the small side (IMO). A better intake and exhaust really wake them up too.

Parts are everywhere for them since they're considered "tuners" even though they don't run on rice.

You could also look into an older 6cyl Charger. You can build those to be pretty quick and you won't have to cut your legs off at the knee to be comfortable. They also get pretty good MPG's for a mid-size car.
I'm honestly not looking to spend over $8k for a car...so a charger is out of the picture I belive... I've been finding srt4s from the 6-8k range.

I want something that is awesome on gas!

and
Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
loadedlaramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroederMP View Post
I want something that is awesome on gas!

Geo Metro......

imo, VW Jetta TDI. FTW 45 mpg!!

or you could get a prius.
K&N Aircharger CAI

'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee
loadedlaramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
crazzywolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlaramie View Post
Geo Metro......
lol. i know someone that has a Pontiac fire fly hanging from the roof in his garage. it is pretty cool. they are great on gas since they are only 3 cylinder engines but i have heard they are scary to drive since they don't weigh very much.

81 dodge d150 custom long box 318 570CFM Holley Street Avenger Carb
91 dodge d150 short box 318 2 barrel carb

crazzywolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
schroederMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlaramie View Post
Geo Metro......

imo, VW Jetta TDI. FTW 45 mpg!!

or you could get a prius.
I've thought about the TDI...but I dont think it would be as much fun to drive tho! 45mpg sounds pretty good tho! lol

and
Old 11-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
82ram150

Yeah. Get an old charger with a slant in it! Be very hard to find but all the torque you could make with it!

, 4 speed np435
Many many mods.

CLICK COLORFUL WORDS
82ram150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
schroederMP

haha yea that would be really hard to find!

and
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
psycobilly64

There's an '80 Volare (same as the Aspen) with a locked slant and a near perfect body in a local boneyard up here. Those things are a cakewalk to rebuild!

If you're gonna die, DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON!!
Bruce Dickenson, Iron Maiden
Ram Enthusiast Club member #02

psycobilly64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
82ram150

Hey cant go wrong with a slant. I've seen them get upwards of 30mpg return the right tammy and rear gear. And even with the super six you can still get in the 20s and have nice power. Hell my truck pulls decent. Its like to feel a 225 in a c. ar like a volare our aspen. They are very easy to rebuild. Finding performance parts, not so much. Its not like a small block where you can go on summit and have tons of parts to chose from. If you want efi you gotta fan it yourself, if you want it blown you gotta fan it yourself. But if you want a good reliable engine. Go with a slant, they start every time. I fired mine up the first try at 36 degrees outside. cant do that with a lot of carbed engines.

, 4 speed np435
Many many mods.

CLICK COLORFUL WORDS
82ram150 is offline   Reply With Quote