DodgeChat Forums  

Go Back   DodgeChat Forums > Dodge Vehicles > Dodge Cars

Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
schroederMP

Default New respect for my car...

Well the clutch is broke in finally so now I can have some fun.

I met up with my x-wife to discuss crap...and she was driving a VW Jetta that was turbo. Its was automatic. Dunno the year but it looked fairly new.

I was in my car...no turbo V6.

She claimed this car was really fast and *blah blah blah*

So I challenger her to a race...and I beat her by 2 cars (its was only about an 1/8 mile race)

But I'm still impressed that I won...haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 8 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 8 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
schroederMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
crazzywolfie

people always think there vehicles are fast until they race one that is faster. your car may have more power. just because it has a turbo does not mean it is tuned for racing. it is probably setup to help it get better fuel mileage on the highway.

i bet i have surprised quite a few people with my 81. there was a kid in a car that i could tell was going to try taking off when the light turned green and pass me. needless to say he ended up having to slow down to get behind me.

81 dodge d150 custom long box 318 570CFM Holley Street Avenger Carb
91 dodge d150 short box 318 2 barrel carb

crazzywolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
schroederMP

Haha I figured it was set up for racing but you could be right...I just thought it was funny. That and it was my x-wife driving so that could have helped my case. I was impressed.

And I get that shit all the time with my truck...these damn cars think they are fast, then a 6k pound trucks kicks there ass! haha

and
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
crazzywolfie

ya. putting one of those ricer mufflers on your car don't make it any faster.

81 dodge d150 custom long box 318 570CFM Holley Street Avenger Carb
91 dodge d150 short box 318 2 barrel carb

crazzywolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
schroederMP

Haha that aint no joke man...

and
Old 08-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
loadedlaramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroederMP View Post
Haha I figured it was set up for racing but you could be right...I just thought it was funny. That and it was my x-wife driving so that could have helped my case. I was impressed.

And I get that shit all the time with my truck...these damn cars think they are fast, then a 6k pound trucks kicks there ass! haha
Until u pull up next to a truck very similar to yours and u get your ass kicked. Lmao!
K&N Aircharger CAI

'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee
loadedlaramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
schroederMP

NOT similar at all you got 45 more factory hourses!

and
Old 08-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #8
MONKYMAN

Hey my 300zx ain't no joke... But my rt kicks its ass all day
MONKYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #9
schroederMP

I've never lined up my truck and car...I might have to do that!

and
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #10
Boostin_Mopar

Thats a pretty cool win man! Not only did you beat a turbo car but you also put your ex in her place. PROPS TO YOU BRO! LOL

Now if you want to try a real turbo car out with that v-6.......hit me up. lmao just playing with ya.
I never raced anyone in this SRT4 but I did pass two trucks one day at the same time. I wasn't racing them, they were racing. I just passed them both! lmao Took down two Fords at one shot. muahahahaha
Boostin_Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
schroederMP

Haha oh ya...it was fun!

I dont think I stand a chance racing you in my car!

and
Old 08-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Boostin_Mopar

I might miss a gear or two. There is always a chance LMAO!!!
Boostin_Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
schroederMP

Haha thats funny because I missed a gear tonight racing a jeep...it was horrible! lol

and
Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #14
82ram150

Hah ive had that happen. My buddy and i raced our trucks, his 93 ranger v6 axle and drive shaft, rebuilt 5 speed and his original 4cylinder runnin 32's and 3.77 gear. mine just my slant with hei and straight pipe, stock tires, 3.55 gear and 4 speed. I have quite a few lbs on his truck, we went from a two right turn signal light i was on the outside him on the inside all 2nd through the inersection and once i hit 3rd started pulling hard while he was shifting into 3rd as well. beat him too dont mess with a DODGE Not to mention this is when i had a bad vac leak. lol

, 4 speed np435
Many many mods.

CLICK COLORFUL WORDS
82ram150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #15
schroederMP

Nice kill buddy...

and
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 AM   #16
82ram150

Thanks I also spanked a stock civic once too. He had a backseat full of girls and was trying to be cool. well he took off in a way i took as a challenge and said hell no, didnt let off till he was 5 car lengths away and i was doin almost 70. I had fun with a hot chick in a sti, man she could drive. I was no match for that car but it was fun. Once i rebuild my engine or swap somethin in ill be challenging a lot more. The old sleeper >:)

, 4 speed np435
Many many mods.

CLICK COLORFUL WORDS
Old 08-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #17
schroederMP

Lol sounds like a month or so ago... I picked up a girl for a date, was cruising threw town when I lifted chevy pulled up next to me, blaring musing, and then took off like a bad ass. He had a chick with him in the front seat. Pulled up next to him at the next stop light, he looked over and said something smartass...the girl that was with me said "show this dumbass whats up"... light turned green, within a second I had a truck length on him and kept pulling away from him. Next stop light he pulled up next to me, wouldn't even look over my direction, and the chick that was with him was laughing!

and
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #18
82ram150

That's awesome. If I do keep my slant and force induce it. I want to get a sticker for my window that reads, "if you can read this, you're getting beat by a slant six"

, 4 speed np435
Many many mods.

CLICK COLORFUL WORDS
Old 08-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #19
schroederMP

That will be a bad ass sitcker!

and
Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 AM   #20
psycobilly64

I doubt my poor old truck could beat a Panzer off the line. Bone stock 318 and the old 727TF don't make a speed demon. One thing I can say is it rides better than a caddy, though

I miss my 90 D150. 318, TB, NP435 and a full pos rear end. Managed to embarrass a vette with that old rig!

If you're gonna die, DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON!!
Bruce Dickenson, Iron Maiden
Ram Enthusiast Club member #02

Last edited by psycobilly64; 08-26-2011 at 04:49 AM..
psycobilly64 is offline   Reply With Quote